+7 (812) 332-62-33
Reconstruction of the Liteiny bridge across the Neva River in St Petersburg
The Liteiny bridge across the Neva River in St Petersburg was originally built in 1875-1879.
Under the reconstruction project the following scope of works was done:
- Arch structures were replaced by composite continuous beams with box cross section and curvilinear lower chord
- Existing piers were widened by ice cutting parts
- The carriageway is 10m wider
- On both riversides two tunnel-type junctions were built
- Embankments were widened and equipped with the footpaths
- The moveable turning span was replaced with the opened one
- The architectural historical lattice was built
The length of the bridge after reconstruction is 394.3m. The width of the bridge is 34m. The hydraulic lifting mechanisms are applied.
Year of completion: 1967