Artificial structures of the St Petersburg Flood Protection Barrier
The fill dam of the Flood Protection Barrier is 25.4km-long and is situated in Gulf of Finland. This dam is part of St Petersburg Ring Road.
The dam is equipped with six water sluices B1-B6 and two navigation structures C-1 and C-2, which at the same time leak the water. The width of the water reaches a total length of 1536m that is 1.5 times wider than the mouth of the Neva River.
Transmost PLC made a contribution into this project. The company has designed the following structures:
- underwater tunnel in navigation structure C-1,
- vertical lift bridge in navigation structure C-2,
- superstructures in navigation structures B-1 – B-6,
- junction on the Bronka railway station,
- two temporary bridges in dams D-2 and D-7.
All the structures are designed for 6-lane highway.
The opening for traffic was in 2011.